Welcome to the GP Medical Post Maastricht & Heuvelland
The GP Medical Post is intended for conditions requiring urgent attention and for acute medical care outside regular consultation hours for patients living in the municipalities of Eijsden-Margraten, Maastricht, Meerssen, and Valkenburg aan de Geul.
The GP Medical Post is for:
- Urgent cases outside the consultation hours of your own GP that cannot wait until the next working day.
- Referrals to the accident and emergency department of the hospital.
- Prescriptions for medicines that you need to take quickly.
The GP Medical Post is NOT for:
- Problems that can wait until the next working day of your GP.
- Problems that you want to discuss in the evenings because you don't have time to go to your own GP during the day.
- Repeat prescriptions for non-urgent medicines.
- A second opinion.
- General medical questions; for this, see 1 Advice on how to care for yourself.